**We are currently seeking volunteers to participate in a research study for Night Time Urination.**
Study Participants Will Receive:
- All study-related medical care and study medication at no cost
- Possible compensation for their time and travel
For more information visit Manhattan Medical Research.
Night time Urination or Nocturia is a condition in which you wake up during the night because you have to urinate. This condition becomes more common as people age and occurs in both men and women.
What are the symptoms of nocturia?
Normally, you should be able to sleep six to eight hours during the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. People who have nocturia wake up more than once a night to urinate. This can cause disruptions in a normal sleep cycle.
Nocturia may result from several different causes:
- You produce a great deal of urine (more than 2 liters) a day (polyuria)
- Your body produces a large volume of urine while you sleep (nocturnal polyuria)
- You produce more urine at night than your bladder is able to hold (low nocturnal bladder capacity). This causes you to wake up at night because you need to empty your bladder.
- a combination of nocturnal polyuria and low nocturnal bladder capacity (mixed nocturia)
- Poor sleep – some people who have poor sleep and awaken frequently will go to the bathroom whenever they awaken. Typically in these cases, it is not the need to urinate that awakens them.